Tuesday 29 November 2011

Elevator

To create the elevator I made a simple L shape with two boxes and then used the swift tool to split the polygons and extrude new shapes. I did this to create the box shape for the lift but maintaining two sided faces. After I got the basic shape i then went on to create a separate cone shape and use it, with the ProBoolean tool to create light wholes in the roof. The last stage of creation was the handling rail around the elevator. This was made using a cylinder which was then extruded and rotated to create a long bend.


First basic shape

Using symmetry to mirror the first half


Elevator with hand rail



After I had created the model I then used the symmetry tool to duplicate the other side, saving myself half time and work. To save more time when coming to animate I also made a Morpher version of the elevator with the doors closed, so that now the elevator could be easily animated into opening and shutting.

Elevator using Morpher

No comments:

Post a Comment