Friday 25 November 2011

Gravestones and Display Cabinet

After creating the map plane I went on to create two variations of gravestone to go into the surrounding area, as well as the display cabinet that can be found in a room on the bottom floor of the guild.

To create the first gravestone I used a box to make the outline shape and then used the shamfer tool to curve the top two corners. This gives a good representation of a standard gravestone. I then textured it with a simple gravestone gray texture, as this model will not be seen in detail or for very long.

Gravestone 1
The second gravestone was made by creating a simple box on the ground and then using the inset and extrude tools. I used the inset tool to make a face for a slightly smaller box, and then extruded it out from the larger base one. I then continued this step until I had the disiered shape of a block bottom with a cross on the top.

Gravestone 2
The creation of the Display Cabinet will be covered in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment