Monday 3 October 2011

Beginning to Shape

Now that the ploygons have been created and the face has a basic shape, the next step is to start giving the model depth. I will do this by dragging out each individual vertex in the shape, while using the side shot of the face as a refference. This starts off easy but as more and more vertexs are moved the model begins to look crowded. A way to solve this is by turing the shape see-through, allowing me to still see the guide behind the model.

A first draft of the face.



I found the easiest part of the face to work with was the forehead and cheek, as this are mostly rounded parts of the face. The hardest part of the model so far has been the eyes and nose, as these both have very small polygons, with many of them overlapping.


The face after having adjustment made.





In the screenshot above you may be able to see where I have changed the face slightly. I have first tried to make the forehead slightly smoother, and brought the cheek out to give the face a more realistic look. I still don't feel the face looks like my own but I am going to continue working on the next few steps and evaluate it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment