Monday 3 October 2011

Creating A Plan

The first 6 weeks of this semester I will be spending my time on creating  a replica of my own face in 3D Studio Max. This will be done with the aid of video tutorials and methods.The first thing I did to accomplish this task is take photos of myself and align them together inside of Adobe Photoshop. This makes it easier to use as a template when creating the face.

Face being aligned.
After ensuring that the two photos where aligned as much as possible I then begun to draw in the key parts of the face where the flow of the face changed, for example around the nose and eyes. This helps plot out where the polygons will be created.

Face with movement change lines.


The next stage was to draw in a rough estimate for the polygons on one side of the face. I did this in another colour and on a seperate layer to avoid confusion and make it easier to work with later.

Face with first polygon outline.

Once the lines had been placed onto the face all that was left in this stage was to add the directional lines onto the other photo. This will help when creating the model as it will act as a guide when giving the image depth. Completing the first part of the face has made me feel more positivly about the project and I now feel more comftable that I can complete this in the 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment