Friday 14 October 2011

Creating The Head

After I felt I was happy with the face I moved onto creating the rest of the head. This started with using a sphere shape and positioning it slightly above and in-line with the face. This helps create the basic shape of the head and then can be mutated into a more detailed representation. After I was happy with the basic shape of the head I deleted the parts of the sphere that I didn't need and continued to play with the vertex's positions.

First Attempt
After the top of the head was created i then deleted half, (as I would use symmetry to created the other half) and then continued to work down the side of the head via creating new polygons from the spheres edges. This proved difficult at first as I needed to add in polygons and edges to allow the model to continue flowing.

Once the side of the head was created I found that looking at it, (image above) I could see that the back of the head was far to pointed and looked more alien then human. This lead me to repeating the last few steps and re-designing the back of the head, starting from the basic sphere. The second attempt looked much more realistic and has started to take shape much faster then the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment