Tuesday 20 December 2011

Finishing the Head

 With the project time coming to an end I had to decide to show i had the ability to use other tools in the program instead of creating detail on the model. For this reason I finished the model's texture and the ears and began to add hair using the "Hair and Fur" modifier. The head itself looked unlike myself and had several issues, most notably being that the ear textures did not match the head, as well as the texture containing hair. If I where to re-create the texture I would make the entire head skin colour, and then only using the modifier to add hair.

Finished texture map



Ear texture attachment




 The hair tool is surprisingly difficult to use, as I had many problems cutting the wrong parts of the hair off, and moving it in the wrong direction. After working on it for some time however I managed to create hair that could resemble mine, in respect to the length and basic shape. The one down side I had was the hair seemed to give off a white light. This may have been a highlights problem with the render, but without more time it is difficult to say for sure.

Using the hair modifier
Changing the hair colour
Render of Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment